Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Getting To Know Me: Week Seven

Yeah... I know, I went MIA again, after promising to keep up on blogging.  Lots going on, and I'll have a couple fairly major announcements coming soon... Just not quite ready yet. 

So for week Seven, it's all about music.  Songs that I listen to when I'm happy, sad, bored, or mad

Music is a huge part of my life.  I will admit that lately I'm not as up-to-date on bands, or what not, but it's still a big part of me.  When I lived in Seattle, my friends & I were constantly checking out different bands, and going to random shows.  Seattle has a really great music scene, and I was fortunate to be able to take in quite a bit of it. 

Even with music playing a big part in my life, it was still rather difficult to choose songs for this post.  As you can see, my music tastes really are all over the place.  Probably not as refined as Hubs would like them to be (he's a HUGE music snob) but, a pretty big variety.

Happy:
Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson
Margaritaville - Jimmy Buffet
Shut Up and Let Me Go - The Ting Tings
90's R&B/Hip hop from my younger days

Sad:
This kind of depends on why I'm sad.  But some current faves are
Hold You Up - Matthew West
Unanswered Prayers - Garth Brookes
Landslide - Fleetwood Mac
Jesus Take The Wheel - Carrie Underwood

Bored:
This would probably just be anything that makes good background music - Jack Johnson, Paolo Nutini, Amos Lee

Mad:
Songs with a strong beat, or that I can totally belt out like I'm auditioning for American Idol
You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissett
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Not Ready to Make Nice - Dixie Chicks

So, there ya have it.  Some of my go-to songs.  :)

Next Week:  What you'll find in my bag

No comments:

Post a Comment