Tuesday, June 19, 2012

June Birchbox

It's that time again!  Love Birchbox Day!  Since I've actually had a chance to try out most of the samples, I've included my opinions on them.  Overall, I'm happy with this month's box.  The descriptions are taken directly from the enclosed card they send detailing each item. 

Here's the goods for the month of June:



  • Comodynes Self Tanning Intensive
  • Masqueology Pore Minimizing Mask
  • Stila One Step Bronze
  • theBalm cosmetics Staniac
  • tili Bag

Who needs the sun when you can get a safe, buildable, and natural-looking tan with these bestselling European towelettes?

I'm kind of scared to try these, to be totally honest.  This pasty white girl isn't the best at self-tanner applications.  And I have read a couple horror stories from other Birchbox recipients that did try these out.  It's a recipe for disaster for me... I just know it!


This targeted sheet mask shrinks visible pores while amping up your skin's moisture levels.  Use it daily and - if you're brave - during your next flight

I was quite excited to try this out.  It's... uh... very wet.  I was kind of surprised.  I guess I didn't think it'd be quite so saturated.  I suppose it's a good thing.  You definitely get a lot of product.  It just took me by surprise.  As for whether it minimized my pores... eh, not so much with one use, but my skin did feel nice & moisturized after using it.


Fake an island glow with this three-in-one bronzer, primer, and serum.  It also keeps your skin's oil production in check.

I was rather apprehensive with this one.  I did love that it's full sized (yay!) but when I swatched it the back of my hand, it was so shimmery.  I'm not really a fan of shimmer on my face.  I have been looking for a decent face primer that makes my makeup last, and doesn't feel like it just sits on top of my skin.  So, I reluctantly tried it.  And I really liked it.  Once I applied my foundation, it wasn't so shimmery - more like a healthy "glow".  And I do feel like my makeup lasted longer too.  I've added this to my daily routine.  


We're crazy about this two-in-one lip and cheek stain: the sheer gel formula delivers a subtle, long-wearing flush.

I had high hopes for this.  But, it kind of left me underwhelmed.  It's okay.  Nothing great.  Nothing terrible.  Just okay.  I have only used it on my lips, I haven't tried it on my cheeks.  It's a pretty light color - which you wouldn't think judging by the gel.  There are other stains that I much prefer over this one, but I do like the light, hint of color it gives. 

 

Breeze through airport security with these too-cute plastic bags.  They're perfectly sized for storing all your travel essentials (and beauty samples).

Cute bag.  But really?  It's just a glorified zip lock.  Not to say that I won't use it when I travel, but I don't see myself purchasing these 

 
So, there ya have it... My June Birchbox.  Did you get one?  What'd you think of the items?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment