Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

Christmas is officially less than one week away.  Are you ready for it?  I am, for the most part.  I still need to pick up a couple things for my nephews, but that's it.  So I will be one of the insane peeps out at the mall (likely the Lego store, which makes it even worse) this weekend.  Good times for sure!

This Christmas is much different than the past eight.  I am not celebrating with the Hubs.  We will not be exchanging gifts, or spending Christmas morning (well, more like Christmas afternoon, as Hubs always did like sleeping in) opening gifts to one another.  Instead, I will be spending the day & night with my family.  Waking up to my nephews excited to see what Santa brought them.  Watching as my brothers open their gifts from me.  I will be helping Mom & my sister-in-law in the kitchen, preparing a delicious feast of prime rib.  I will be savoring every moment with my family, because the past three years I was not able to be there with them. And I couldn't be happier. 

We decorated the tree the day after Thanksgiving this year.  My brother's girlfriend & I.  We made my brother listen to Christmas music, and laughed at his insistence to be a scrooge.  It's the same tree that Hubs & I had.  The same decorations.  And it's just as pretty. 





Last weekend, BFF & I spent the day in downtown Seattle doing some Christmas shopping, and just generally taking in the Christmas spirit.  Downtown at Christmas time seems almost magical to me.  Sounds cheesy, right?  But it really does!  The lights, the street musicians playing Christmas music, the carousel, the ginormous tree outside Westlake Center...  all of it.  Magical, I tell ya!

 
In typical wintery Seattle weather, it rained.  Pretty much the entire day.  But the magic of Christmas downtown kept our spirits high.  Well, that, a hat, umbrella & some warm coats, scarves, and gloves! ;)
 
 


What girl doesn't love a Tiffany Christmas tree?  :)

Nordstrom builds a Santa workshop every year.  It's always super cute, and has me considering waiting in line for a photo op with Santa briefly.  Very briefly. 

Love.  The best part of Christmas. 
So yes, a very different Christmas is only a week away.  So far, though, this very different Christmas is shaping up to be a very special Christmas. 

No comments:

Post a Comment