Sunday, December 2, 2012

Well hello again!

Another several month hiatus from my poor little blog here.  Life has been a bit crazy the past couple months.  So, what have I been up to?  Let's see if I can catch you up on the past 3+ months, shall we?  If you follow me on Instagram, (I'm Shawnana on there, if you want to follow me) you've likely seen quite a few of these photos. 

September
A couple girlfriends & I went to Bumbershoot.  We saw so may great bands.  The weather was absolutely gorgeous, and it reminded me that we are fortunate to have a fabulous music scene in Seattle.

The Space Needle

Where's Waldo?  No, seriously... do you see him?  This guy cracked me up, dressed as Waldo

Gotye.  Amazing show!

Goofing around

Sitting, waiting for the next band to go on stage

A quick photo before leaving

We grabbed a burger at Dick's for a late night snack
BFF came to visit.  She was here for 10 days.  It was SO good to see her & spend some good, quality time together.  The good news is that her trip here confirmed her feelings that WA is home, and she begun to do what she needed to move back here.
In Anacortes, visiting BFF

The bestest friend a girl could ever have
I met up with Hubs in Las Vegas for a weekend trip.  We thought that maybe we could work things out, but unfortunately we have since decided to continue with the divorce proceedings.  We stayed at The Green Valley Ranch Resort in Henderson.  I highly recommend the resort.  It was absolutely gorgeous and so incredibly relaxing.  We went to see Beatles Love while we were there.  I'd seen it before, but I loved it just as much the 2nd time around.  Such an amazing show!








I went from having blond hair (as you see above) to dark, brunette hair.  Hubs liked my hair blond.  I much preferred it dark.  So, now I get to do what I want to do.  :) the little  things in being single, right?



I think that sums up most of September.

October
October was quite a bit quieter.  I started going to bingo with my Mama Friday nights.  It's quite entertaining. 



I went to see Wicked when it was playing.  My mama and two of my close girlfriends & I went.  We had a really good time.



Fall weather definitely arrived.  Back to the rainy, cold season the Pacific Northwest is infamous for.


 But we did still see some nice days as well. 

 
 
The biggest news for October for me, was I finally bought a car!  Yay!! I absolutely love it!  I got a 2013 Ford Focus.  I didn't intend on buying a brand new vehicle, but with the rebates & incentives they were offering, it was only a couple thousand more than the 2011 I was looking at. 



Phew, so moving onto November (almost caught up!)

November
Mom & I took a weekend trip over to Coeur d'Alene, ID to see my brother & niece, as well as a couple of my cousins that live in the area.  It snowed quite a bit the first night we were there, which was very pretty to look at, but a little nerve wracking for me to drive in it, as it's been quite awhile since I've driven in the snow.  We had lots of quality family time.  Mom & I even cooked an impromptu early Thanksgiving for my brother & cousins. 


My sweet lil' Nousin

My precious niece.




Me, Mama & my cousin



My older brother & his family got a new dog, Dolly.


My nephew, A, kicking our butt at Monopoly

Game night with the nephews

My silly nephew, G.
Thanksgiving was spent with my Mom, Dad, and little bro at my grandparents house.  It was a very enjoyable afternoon.  My family really is the best!

Lil' Bro taking his turkey transporting duty very seriously

Crappy cell phone photo, but I do like it.  My brother is so handsome! 

We've now got the tree up & decorated.  Although at times it'll be difficult, as this will be the first Christmas without Hubs in 8 years, I am looking forward to Christmas.  I am excited to be back home, with my family again. 

Now that I've gotten caught up, let's hope I can continue it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment