Sunday, November 17, 2013

Weekend Recap

Lookie here... twice. In one DAY!  Shocking, I know. 

Things with the southern gent are still going pretty well.  Last weekend, we decided to get out of town for the night.  Both of us were feeling stressed from work & felt like a little get-away would be good. 

Friday night, he met me at my house, and we headed up to La Conner.  La Conner is a super sleepy, quiet little town about 20 minutes from the town I grew up in.  We got a room at the Channel Lodge for the night.  Got in around 7, and headed down to the La Conner brewery  for some dinner & drinks.  Had a yummy meal, then meandered down the street to a little dive bar/pub, and hung out there for awhile before calling it a night, and heading back to the room.

The next morning, we got up pretty early, took advantage of the free continental breakfast, and decided to play tourist.  We headed to Anacortes, which is another quiet little tourist town.  We walked around the little shops & antique stores, got coffee, and had a great time. 

It was still pretty early, so we decided to go to my favorite place ever.  Deception Pass. I think I've mentioned my love for that place on more than one occasion.  There's a hiking trail right after you go past the bridge that takes you down to the water.  I wasn't sure what we would be doing Saturday, so I packed comfortable shoes... but lets be honest on what my version of comfortable shoes are.  In this case, it was my knee high wedge boots.  And we hiked down to the water.  It's not a strenuous our difficult hike by any means.  But it was kind of comical that I was rocking my boots when everyone was wearing sneakers or hiking boots. 







We spent a good hour or two just hanging out on the beach.  There was a seagull and a seal just hanging out together that was actually kind of entertaining to watch. 

After getting our fill of the cool air, we decided to mosey on back down to Lynnwood.  Stopped at my favorite Mexican restaurant, in Mount Vernon, and then settled in to watch the LSU/Alabama game at a sports bar down the street from my house. 

It was a good weekend.  I definitely enjoy spending time with him, and time seriously flies by when we are together.  I don't know what will happen with us, but we had a great couple days together.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment