Sunday, November 3, 2013

A quick update.

Ah yes.  I am still alive.  Yet another long hiatus.  The truth is, I rarely log into my computer.  The joys of the smart phone.  I do everything from my phone, yet blogging from the touch screen isn't really feasible.  Well, it is, but not really how I want to spend my time.  And, let's be honest, free time is often at a premium, so it's not my first inclination to sit down in front of a computer.  Yet, I do enjoy going back and reading old blogs, so I try.  :) And I try to update the two of you that read this...

Life is good.  :) This summer was an absolutely incredible one.  I was sad to see it end, but I'm welcoming life slowing down a bit.  This summer was spent with friends and family, bbq's, Sunday Funday's on my brother's new boat, concerts, road trips to eastern WA, Ocean Shores, Wallowa lake (which I still need to post a quick recap on), and dating.  Yup.  That's right, dating. 

I remember when I was married, I'd hear stories from my girlfriends of their adventures in dating, and be equally glad that I was done with that part, and yet a little wistful, as new relationships are exciting.  Let me tell ya... dating?  Is exhausting.  I've taken many breaks from it, been discouraged, laughed at some of the crazies, but overall, I've enjoyed meeting new people.  So far, I've made a couple of really good friends out of it, but nothing long term yet.  I did recently started dating a new guy that definitely has potential.  I'm looking forward to seeing where things go with him.  He's from Louisiana, and has the cutest southern accent.  :) We've gone out a handful of times, and time flies by when we're together.  Our first date was one for the record books, and should likely count for a few due to the length, but I think that's a good thing.  I'm definitely enjoying getting to know this southern gentleman. 

Unfortunately, they haven't all gone as well.  Honestly, overall, I've met some really nice guys, and had nice times.  Just not amazing.  Though, there was the time I unknowingly went out with a wanted con man.  That's a good one... Or the time that I truly thought I was being punked, and on one of those date from hell hidden camera shows.  Ah, the dating adventures.  :)

Because I think all blog posts should have photos... here's a few of my favorites from this summer. 
Me, my Mama & the bestie

Heather & I threw a baby shower for Sara.

Missing this view on this cold, windy day

Love these boys beyond words. 

Austin is worn out from tubing

How many things can Phaedra hold at once? 

This face.  Kills me.  So damn cute.

The bestie and her lil man, Tango

Mama & I heading out to dinner.

Bumbershoot.  This was the Mowglis.  Amazing.

Seriously love Seattle

Watching a gorgeous sunset over the water was exactly what I needed that evening.

Mama & her bestie.  Love them both

My family.  This has been a crazy year.  I couldn't have made it without them.  Who knew my baby brudder & my mom would be two of my best friends in the world.  I am blessed.

 
;

1 comment:

  1. YAY! You are alive! Glad you had an amazing summer. And that you are able to laugh at the dating adventures. Can't wait to hear those. Miss you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete