Friday, January 27, 2012

5 Question Friday

Last week my friend Mama V at Adventures of a Mom took part in the 5 Question Fridays with My Little Life. I thought it might be kind of fun, so I'm joining in today!  The rules are pretty easy... Answer the 5 questions below, and then link up with My Little Life

1. Do you swim in the winter?
If it were an indoor, heated pool, or a Caribbean island, then yes, I would swim in the winter.  But on a typical winter day (yes, even Arizona winter) nope, I won't be swimming. 

2. Do you love or hate winter?
I live in Arizona.   I love love LOVE our winter.  It's a gorgeous 70-ish degrees - what's not to love?  My last winter in Seattle was horrible.  Snowed in for a week.  The week before Christmas, mind you.  When this procrastinator hadn't even begun Christmas shopping.  Yeah.  That?  Not so fun.  I don't love chilled to the bone cold weather.  I much prefer the Arizona version of winter!

3. Do you put makeup/actual clothes on when you know you're going to be home all day with just family?
No. It's actually something that I'm trying to be better at.  I know, sounds kind of ridiculous.  But in all seriousness... I kind of feel bad for my husband.  The minute I get home from work, I put on pajama pants.  It's a bonus if they happen to be a solid color, and not some ridiculous random pattern.  I'm sure he thinks he's hit the jackpot if they actually coordinate with whatever top I'm wearing.  So, on the weekends, when we're just staying home all day, I wear mismatched pajamas.  Which means that my poor husband sees me dressed normal, wearing makeup, and heels, and cute (matching) clothes for maybe 5 hours in a week.  Pretty pitiful.  Thus my goal to try to actually get dressed on the weekends.  Even if we're not going anywhere.  And, considering I've yet to do it... I apparently need to work harder at it! :)

4. How old were you when you had your first alcoholic beverage?
I remember before one of my junior high dances, my best friend & I decided to try vodka in our soda.  I was so afraid of my parents finding out that we drank their vodka that I think I maybe mixed in 1/2 a shot.  Needless to say, it was pretty much pointless.  I don't think I had any alcoholic beverages again until the summer going into senior year.  That was a much larger quantity.  That had me sneaking back home, after curfew.  Trying to walk past my dad, who fell asleep on the couch. 

5. How many ill calls in a 12 month period do you think are acceptable?
I think for the average full time employee, 5 is acceptable.  Of course, I say this, as a woman without kids.  Kids who tend to use up all the sick time that you may have.

That's it... easy peasy & fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment