Monday, January 23, 2012

The Things We Do For Love

I posted a recent photo of me here, with a dark, mahogany (aka red) hair color.  I've kept my hair that color for about a year now.  I loved it.  I liked that it felt healthier, I felt as though coloring my hair was a lot less damaging than getting it highlighted.  Unfortunately, Hubs didn't feel the same.  He was a good sport about it for awhile, but apparently he reached his limit, and more or less begged me to start lightening my hair.  So, a couple weeks ago, I started the process.  It's still growing on me... I definitely prefer the darker color, but Hubs loves it.  I figure he's gotta look at it more often than I do.  :)



In other "things we do for love" news...

Hubs is a huge history freak.  And pretty much all things that goes along with history.  Dinosaurs? Check.  Fossils?  Double Check.  Rocks?  You guessed it... check again!  He's been asking (okay, borderline begging) to go to the Arizona Museum of Natural History basically since we moved here. I have been dragging my feet because he likes to read every.  Single.  Placard.  In the museum.  So, what a normal person can wander through, and enjoy in a couple hours, he's been known to take 4 hours to do.  We finally took the plunge and went this weekend.  And you know what?  It was a lot of fun!  But shhhh!  Don't tell Hubs I said that!  :)  I entertained myself by taking a ton of photos with my phone.  Here are some of them:



Just a few of the dinosaurs at the museum


Fossil


Another fossil - this one's a prehistoric fish


Triceratops

Petrified wood


My foot in a dinosaur print.

My handsome Hubs

I liked this guy...  The museum was closing, so I didn't have a chance to read the story.  But I bet Hubs did! :)



The building the museum is in used to be the old jail.  This is one of the first jail cells in Mesa
  I have a ton more, but I'll spare ya! :) I would definitely recommend a trip to the museum.  It's a good time for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment