Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Getting to Know Me - Week One

All throughout the blogisphere, there's many a 30 day challenge.  I've done one (okay, so I think I failed the last few days) and I don't think I want to attempt doing a daily deal.  So I decided to combine a few that I liked, and make it into a weekly challenge.  Every Tuesday will be dedicated to a getting to know me type of post.  I think I can handle weekly posts! :)  Feel free to join in, I'd love to get to know y'all too! 

So, lets start this off!

Week One - A recent photo of you & 15 interesting facts about yourself




Not sure how "interesting" these are, but here goes!
  1. I am the only girl in my family.  I have 3 brothers
  2. I am part Indian.  My maternal grandmother was full blood Sioux Indian.  My paternal grandmother was also Indian. 
  3. The dad that raised me is not my biological father.  It's only been in the last year that we have started communicating.  And that has been sparse as of late.
  4. I went through a phase in high school & for a few years afterwards where I would only eat chicken.  I wouldn't eat any red meat, or pork.  I'd occasionally have fish, but not often.  Because of that, chicken is one of my least favorite things to eat now.
  5. My husband & I met through an online dating website.  He lived in California, and I in Washington at the time.  We knew prior to physically meeting that we would marry.
  6. I met one of my best guy friends on a dating website as well.  We haven't ever met in person, but we remain close, and we invited each other to our weddings.
  7. I had little to no hair until I was 2 years old. 
  8. It doesn't take much to trigger tears.  I am an emotional person.
  9. I have two cats, Bella & Marcel (though he is never called that - somehow we came up with the nickname "Bubba Mo" and it's stuck) They are my babies, and provide Hubs & I endless entertainment
  10. I've never seen or read any of the Harry Potter books, and I probably never will.
  11. I grew up in Washington, but I've lived in South Dakota, Idaho, Nevada, Missouri and now Arizona.
  12. I played the clarinet for 6 years in school. 
  13. I am fiercely loyal to those I love.  But it takes awhile for me to trust people entirely.
  14. I didn't get my driver's licence until a month before I turned 18
  15. I hate driving.  I much prefer being the passenger. 
Next week:
The meaning behind my blog name

 

No comments:

Post a Comment