Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Getting to Know Me - Week Two

Almost didn't make it in time... But I couldn't fail at week two!  I know, it's been a week since I last posted.  I have lots of ideas... just haven't had the time to sit and write them!  So stay tuned for a weekend recap, a new look for me, and Hubs brilliant move.

But, back to the Getting to Know Me portion of the blog.  Today's topic is the meaning behind my blog name. 

Learn.  Live.  Hope. 

"Learn from yesterday, Live for today, Hope for tomorrow." - Albert Einstein. 

So simple, and yet so very true.  I chose it as a reminder to myself of things to remember, things to work on, and things to learn from.  Let's break it down, shall we? 

Learn from yesterday.  I truly believe that everything happens for a reason.  The tough times make us stronger, teach us things, and shape us into who we are.  It may not be apparent at the time, but we can definitely learn from it all.  So learn?  I think I've got that down. 

Live for today.  I feel like so many times I tend to get caught up in all the planning, in all the have-to-do's of day-to-day life, that I need to just slow down, and live.  Enjoy the present.  That?  Right there?  Is something I really need to work on. 

Hope for tomorrow.  Oh, I have so many hopes and dreams for the future.  Really, who doesn't?  There's places I want to travel, big purchases to make, relationships to form & strengthen, goals to work towards, and oh-so-many more. Hope?  Yup, I've got it.  Lots of it.

But there's a fine line, right?  If I worry and hope to much today about tomorrow, then I'm not living for today.  It's all about balance.  As is most everything in life. 

So there ya have it.  The meaning behind my blog name.  :)

Next week:  A photo of you & your friends

1 comment: